Sunday 1 January 2017

Super Star Destroyer (10221) - The Planning Begins


I figured if I was going to even contemplate trying a "do-it-yourself" kit, I should start with the smallest one .... if you can call something that has a final build size of over 4 feet and build weight of over 8 pounds small.

If I can pull it off, this will definitely make a very impressive display piece. This is what the finished product SHOULD look like. Alas, I think I am many months away from getting to that point.


Finished product SHOULD look like this!


The first thing I did was to put together a parts list. I was able to find a copy of the instruction manual online. Near the end of the manual is a full parts list (at least I hope it's full) of what is required to complete the build. I took the parts list and entered the data into a spreadsheet to keep track of everything.

Here is where I ran into my first uh-oh moment. The official kit says that there are 3,152 pieces in the kit. Well, that's all fine and good EXCEPT that when I transcribed the parts list into my spreadsheet, I only had a total of 3,151 pieces!!! I triple checked my spreadsheet and could not find that ONE missing piece. Guess I'll just have to wait and see if it's something that comes back to haunt me later ...

No comments:

Post a Comment