Sunday 1 January 2017

STAR WARS!!

So I have always been a pretty big Star Wars fan - watched Episodes 4, 5 and 6 many, many times as I was growing up. Over the years, I have even acquired full suits of movie-accurate, custom-fit Imperial stormtrooper and biker scout armor.






Shockingly, I have never owned or had the chance to build any of the Star Wars Lego sets. Always being a huge fan of the Imperial Navy, I was dismayed to find that the coolest sets (Ultimate Collector Series editions of the Super Star Destroyer, Imperial Star Destroyer, and Death Star) were all retired.

Buying one of those sets now costs more than all 4 of my limbs are worth .... combined! And that's for a used set that is incomplete. I've seen new, sealed sets going on Amazon for upwards of $3,000. That's just crazy.

And so I thought, what if I were to acquire the pieces separately? Surely that would be a cheaper route to go than auctioning my arms off on e-bay to afford one of these sets? Besides which, if I did auction my arms off, I would have to build the set with my feet and I am just not that flexible.

No comments:

Post a Comment