Tuesday 3 January 2017

Super Star Destroyer (10221) - First Batch of Parts Purchased


So, as the title states, I have placed an order for the first batch of parts for this.

I was able to find a local seller so I'll be doing a pick-up and saving a few bucks on shipping. Of the 3,152 pieces I need, I was able to buy 1,327 on this first run. Not too bad, until you consider I still have another 1,800 ish pieces to go!

I just about went cross-eyed with my tracking spreadsheet over the weekend. For some reason, I was having some serious issues corroborating my list of purchased pieces against my master and my "to buy" lists. I was making simple subtraction errors, skipping over lines that I had ordered. It was a nightmare. Finally, after trying it for the THIRD time, I finally came up with a correct list of parts I still needed. How did I know it was finally correct? Because the sum of the outstanding parts finally equaled 3,152-1,327 =  1,825.

I must have expended all my detail orientation ability on building the ferris wheel because I sure was doing dim-witted things when updating my spreadsheet. Anyway, enough time spent being angry at myself. I need to start sourcing the next batch of parts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment